I love a good Cranberry Sauce during the holidays. Made with fresh cranberries, of course. No creepy, out of the can gelatin stuff for me.
This is my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. A touch of spice and hint of orange. The flavors are so good when they’ve had time to come together for a day or so. It is also fabulous as the topping on a baked brie. I find so many ways to enjoy this in November and December. I know you will, too!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c water
- ½ c fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries pop open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam off the surface with a metal spoon and discard.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 month.
Sauce chilling; flavors melding. Of course I had to have a spoonful warm from the stove: mmm…tasty!
So glad you liked it, too! Happy Thanksgiving!
Made this also . Wonderful and so easy to prepare .