Happy Monday of Easter week! Today is another recipe from my Easter Menu. I love to order quiche but seldom make it. When I do I wonder why because it is so easy.
I used the Williams-Sonoma Gluten Free Pie Crust for this recipe. It is a very good crust and is so easy because all the ingredients are measured…event the dusting flour for your pastry board.
All you need is butter and egg yolk…or if you mess up because you are in a hurry and not paying good attention, egg whites work, too. (Yes, I used the wrong part of the egg for this because I was also making Mini Baked Alaskas for a birthday party – another post coming soon – but it still turned out beautifully!)
The filling is simple and easily adjusted for your preferences. Just use 1 cup of a vegetable and 3/4 cup of cheese. – I used spinach and Swiss but asparagus and gruyere would be great as well.
- For crust:
- 1 Williams-Sonoma Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix
- For filling:
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1¼ c heavy cream, half and half or whole milk
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 c chopped spinach
- ¾ c grated gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Prepare the crust according to directions on the Williams-Sonoma Gluten Free Crust mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While crust is cooling, whisk 3 eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika and 1¼ cups milk in a large bowl.
- Spread spinach on bottom of pre-baked crust.
- Then layer the cheese.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until the filling is set, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- You can also bake the day before and reheat at 350 degrees for 20 minutes about an hour prior to serving.
Williams-Sonoma has 25% off Easter items and Free Shipping on your entire order Today ONLY! So if you’ve not picked up those cute place card holders I told you about or the other great Easter items from Williams-Sonoma, you’re in luck!
Have a great Monday!
SHOP THE POST
This looks delicious! I will definitely be trying this recipe this weekend!
xo – anna