This is an easy recipe for a Sunday Night Supper. Especially great for the busy holiday season. My girls are not chicken fans. One said, “This is better than Bubba’s (grilled chicken)!” That statement brought tears to my eyes, truly. She’s sweet but not one to compliment a chicken creation. If you live in Dallas, you know that means “really GOOD!”
- 1 roasting chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 lemons, cut in quarters
- 2 white onions, cut in quarters
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- fresh thyme
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 10 carrots
- 10 pieces of prosciutto
- 2 delicata squash, sliced and seeds removed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with lemons, ½ the garlic cloves and ½ the onion quarters.
- Rub softened butter all over the chicken.
- Place the squash, onions and garlic in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss until coated.
- Fold the prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap around the carrots.
- Rub a bit of olive oil on them with your hands or a pastry brush.
- Place squash and carrots around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle thyme leaves over the entire roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
Fold the prosciutto in half to wrap around the carrots.
Salt, pepper and thyme coated and ready for roasting.
Perfectly roasted and ready to serve.
All-Clad Roasting Pan
Juliska Thread and Berry Large Oval Platter
Wusthof Chef’s Knife
Wusthof Hollow Edge Santoku
This looks delish! I’m gonna make it!
Julie, I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine!