Save yourself some time and make two batches of this pie crust today. It will make two crusts each.
When you are ready to use:
Remove from plastic wrap and roll out on to well floured pastry board.
Roll out in to a 10 inch circle.
Transfer to a parchment paper lines baking sheet for a Galette or pie plate and fill.You can also make this Apple Galette and reheat tomorrow!
- 2 c of Cup4Cup
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 sticks very cold butter (diced right before use)
- ¼ c and 2 tbs of ice water
- **Note: If you use traditional flour, delete the 2 tbs of water.
- Place the flour and salt in your food processor. Pulse it 3-4 times to mix.
- Take the butter from the refrigerator and quickly dice it.
- Place the butter cubes in the food processor and toss to coat with the flour mixture being careful with the sharp blades on the bottom.
- Pulse the mixture until the cubes are about pea sized.
- Add the ice cold water through the top of the food processor while it is running.
- Let the it mix until the dough begins to come together but is not yet one big ball.
- Turn it out on to a well floured pastry board or sheet.
- Separate into two sections and form into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to use:
- Remove from plastic wrap and roll out on to well floured pastry board.
- Roll out in to a 10 inch circle.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lines baking sheet for a Galette or pie plate and fill.
Tools used: Cuisinart Elite Food Processor – It’s 50% off online with free shipping
Reversible Pastry Board (similar here)
Photo credit: Mary Summers