My love of travel is no secret. Over the years, I’ve refined what I take in my tote on flights – and lightened my load now that my girls have their own carry-on bags! As we began to plan our annual summer vacations, I also began my hunt for the best travel tote. I need a tote that is able hold all I like to have on a flight…long or short including my laptop.
Once I saw this gorgeous canvas and leather tote with matching wristlet from GiGi New York, I knew it was the perfect bag for me. The tote is large enough but not overwhelming to my petite size. It has many carefully planned details make it the best travel tote I’ve ever owned.
One of my favorite features is the width of the straps. They are also rolled and stitched making them almost padded. They are so comfortable! Straps that are too thin begin to cut into your shoulder in just a very short time. Not ideal for walking through the airport! The matching pouch clips in to the bag to keep your cash, credit cards and passports extra safe. I keep all of our passports here, too. It doubles as a casual clutch as well. The three exterior pockets allow me to keep a few items easily accessible.
What pack in my tote for flights:
- Cardigan or jacket because I always get cold – This is my new favorite and doubles as a coverup with sun protection!
- Rosewater and Eye gel pads – to help with dehydrated skin
- My favorite balm – Doubles as a cleanser, moisturizer and lip balm
- Clean Make Up Favorites: Face Oil, Mascara, Concealer and my new favorite Cream Blusher which doubles as a lip color
- Phone charger
- A magazine and my current book – I love flipping the pages of a book!
- Healthy Snack Bars
- Sour Patch Kids – they help me with motion sickness
- plus a swimsuit if it’s a beach trip – I have daydreams of loosing my luggage and my new favorite suits!
- I use these cute waterproof bags to keep everything organized in my bag.
This fabulous tote is roomy enough to pack everything you need for an overnight as I did a few weeks ago for a quick trip to get my girls from camp. One pouch held my pjs, a t-shirt dress, and cute necklace for the next day, one pouch held my make up and another my travel sizes of my favorite clean skin care products. There was still room for book and my laptop. I carried the wristlet to dinner.
Now I’m ready to get going!
SHOP THE POST
Photos by Mary Summers-Hafner