Here is one more recipe for your Memorial Day Cookout Menu. I made this Three Onion Potato Salad last weekend and it was a huge it with the family and our guests. Hope you enjoy it, too!
The secret ingredient in this potato salad is the Caramelized Onion Mustard from Stonewall Kitchen. It has bits of caramelized onion mixed into the Dijon style mustard which softens the sharpness of the Dijon just a bit. It’s fabulous on sandwiches as well. I’ll be using some on a brisket sandwich this weekend, too!
- 1 lb small white potatoes
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 3 tbs White Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs good white wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 tbs low sodium chicken stock
- 3 tbs Stonewall Kitchen Carmelized Onion Mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ c good olive oil
- ¼ c chopped scallions, both white and green parts
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 2 tbs chopped parsley, curly or flat leaf
- 2 tbs thinly sliced fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are just cooked through and soft.
- Drain into a colander and cover with a towel and let them "steam" for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Mix all liquid ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut potatoes into halves, or quarters if the potatoes are large.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the potatoes with the liquid mixture.
- Add chopped onion, shallot and basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently again.
- Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
A few things we’ll be using at our Memorial Weekend Cookout:
Thank you to Stonewall Kitchen for sponsoring this post.
wow great pics. I Love this so fresh and looks healthier then the junky potatoe salads at the grocery store !:)
makes me want to go have a picnic right now~
I’ve never though we can make potatoes work in a salad. Gotta try this out. Thanks for the recipe.