Filled with fresh watermelon, mozzarella and garden grown basil, this simple salad has been a staple for us this summer. Topped with a ready-made balsamic reduction or even a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, honey and good olive oil this salad has the perfect flavors to accompany your favorite meat from the grill.
By far my favorite salad green is fresh arugula. I love the texture and the peppery zip. Combined with the sweets do you see perfection of a summer watermelon and creamy mozzarella it is perfection on your plate.
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 10-12 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 container mozzarella bocconcini (little bite size balls)
- Balsamic Glaze (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
- Layer everything on a plate and drizzle with Balsamic Glaze
- Serve Immediately.
If you love watermelon like we do, you’ll want to check out this Watermelon Gazpacho. It is one of my most popular recipes! I have lots of other fresh summer recipes in my Food & Entertaining section on the menu bar above.
For more style and entertaining inspiration, visit these posts:
- Introducing Hobbs London
- July Reader Favorites
- What I Wore this Summer in Spain
- Aperol Spritz
- 21 Tips for College Move In Day
- Santa Barbara Packing List
SHOP THE POST
Photos by Audrie Dollins