Happy National Watermelon Day! Summer inspires me to cook because of all the fresh ingredients available. One of our favorites is Watermelon Gazpacho. It truly tastes like summer in a bowl…cool, refreshing and slightly sweet.
It is really fun to serve as a shooter at a party as we did earlier this summer. Probably my favorite way is just a huge bowl on a hot day. It is great too with a grilled burger.
- 1 large watermelon, seeded and diced (I think those with seeds taste best)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (all of the white and 1 inch of the green)
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree some of the seeded diced watermelon in your blender or Vitamix to equal 6 cups.
- Place in a large bowl and combine all other ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 1 hour. You can skip this if all your ingredients were good and cold.
I really enjoy slicing and dicing so this is a super fun recipe for me!
Add the blended watermelon.
Remove the seeds from the English cucumber before you dice.
I remove the thin membrane from the inside of the peppers to release more flavor.
A squeeze of lime and some cilantro to finish.
Hope you enjoy!
SHOP THE POST
For More Recipe, Style and Home Inspiration, be sure to visit these posts!
- July Reader Favorites
- What I Wore this Summer in Spain
- Aperol Spritz
- 21 Tips for College Move In Day
- Dorm Room Organization and Discount!
- What I Wore in Santa Barbara
- Lately on LTK
Photos by Megan Weaver