The cold arrived overnight to stay for a week or so and has me thinking warm soup again! I know surprise, surprise! This White Chicken Chili will be on my stove top tonight. Serve it with warm cornbread and you’re set!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 2 rotisserie chickens, deboned)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small cans of chopped mild green chills, drained
- 1 cup mild green salsa plus more for garnish
- 5 tsp ground cumin, divided use
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans of Great Northern or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large box (32 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded for divided use
- Salt and Pepper
- Jalapeños and Cilantro for topping
- Place chicken, 2 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of Tajin in a heavy sauce pan with a lid. Add enough water to just cover the chicken and poach the chicken breasts until cooked through - about 15 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil.
- Saute chopped onions about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in garlic, chilis, 3 tsp of cumin, oregano, ground cloves, and cayenne pepper.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, salsa and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Simmer and stir until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with garnish of green salsa, jalapeños, cilantro and additional cheese.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss the good holiday tips and lists headed your way. You could also win the Le Creuset cake stand from this post!
Items Used and Featured:
Juliska Thread and Berry Bowls & Plates and Nesting Prep Bowls
This looks so good! perfect for today!
Can’t wait to try this!! It looks like something even my 3 picky eaters will ALL eat!! Woo Hoo!!!