We have friends with the tradition of eating ice cream for breakfast the first day of school. My girls think this is genius! Me, too, really. Seems like summer if you are eating ice cream, right!?!
So they ask every year and I laugh. Well this morning we all laughed when I put ice cream on top of their Blueberry Pancakes.
Maybe this will be our new tradition…with Bluebell, of course, because it is the ice cream of Texas and THE BEST!
- 1½ c Cup4Cup
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1½ c milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs melted butter
- Fresh blueberries
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet then whisk.
- Fold in blueberries or other fruit.
- Preheat large pan or griddle.
- Add a touch of oil or melt a pat of butter in the pan.
- Pour ¼ c batter on hot pan.
- When batter starts to bubble, turn the pancake over.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Make a stack and top with your favorite Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Do you have a breakfast tradition? I’d love to know yours!